Fighting world hunger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Glee: A Fresher Take on Known Songs

Okay, so big shocker, after three years of not religiously following any TV series, I'm still a big fan of my old shows,  like One Tree Hill. What really was a shocker though, sarcasm aside, was how much I really like the TV series Glee!

Glee's first show aired n TV right after  American Idol on May 19, 2009 and the first season aired on September 9, 2009. The show is a musical, comedy and drama show, which centers on a high school choir called the "New Directions". The show won the 2010 Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series—Musical or Comedy and it also won People's Choice Award for favorite new TV Comedy.

 Personally, it's not the "high-school drama" that caught my attention. It's the raw singing talent of the actors and actresses on the show! I found myself downloading songs I didn't even finish listening to on the radio! I don't know if it was having a story alongside to go with the song being sung or all just the actors and the actresses' voices, but either way I was sold from the get go!

I actually find myself waiting for Glee just to learn what songs are going to be sung. And let me tell ya, I haven't been able to stop listening to Journey's Faithfully and to Jordan Sparks and Chris Browns' No Air.

So, I can honestly say that I am shocked to like this TV series cause i usually steer away from high school drama. Once you lived through it, you don't really want to watch it on TV. But the talent of the people on the show and the spectrum of genre of the songs they sing are what makes the show stand out! So here's a little hats off to a show that impressed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment